Having an issue where you are getting a Friend Request Sending Failed Error in Modern Warfare 2? or Friend Request option is locked for you in the Social Tab of MW2?
This is quite a common bug for the Call of duty: MW2 players.
Friend Request Sending Failed in Moder Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 2 players, recently encountered a weird issue where they are unable to send a friend request.
MWII is an online Co-Op multiplayer game and half of the fun of playing multiplayer games is enjoyed with your friends.
Suggestion: We were here Walkie Talkie not Working
But the Friend request bug makes you unable to send invitations to your Friends.
And since you can’t send an invitation or receive one, you won’t be able to join them.
However, don’t be discouraged just now.
There is an easy fix for it.
Developers Infinity Ward made a companion app for Call of Duty players.
Using the Call of Duty companion app you can manage your activation account and other details.
This app also allows you to unlock the Friend request option if by some chance it’s locked.
So in short, we are going to use this companion app to Fix Freind Request Sending Failed Error in Modern Warfare 2.
The process is quite easy, all you need is your Android and iOS smartphone, and you are ready to go.
How to Fix Freind Request Sending Failed Error in Modern Warfare 2
- Open Modern Warfare 2 game.
- Using your Android/iOS Smartphone, search for “Call of Duty companion app” on the Google Play store or iOS app store.
- Install companion app > tap on account > network > Select your activation account.
- Login with the same Activision account that you are using with MS2.
- Once you logged in you will be able to see your friends and add or invite them.
Once you enable this option, you can either ask your friends to invite you or invite them to join you for Gameplay.
How to Unlock Friend Requests on MW2
Due to some reason, game developers blocked the friend request option for Modern Warfare 2 players.
Fortunately, you can unlock the Friend Request option on MW2.
If the Freind request option is locked for you as well, here are the steps that you have to follow-
- Launch the Modern Warfare 2.
- On your mobile phone, you have to install – The Call of Duty companion app. It’s available on the play store and iOS app store for free.
- Now head toward settings > account and network > Activision account > ask a friend to add you.
- This will enable the option to send a friend request to your friends.
- Now open Quick men and scroll through the notifications, till you see a notification to accept a friend request.
Suggested: Shape Revision Zero not working
Why are friend requests locked on MW2?
It’s locked for some reason. You can fix this issue by using Call of duty companion app.
How do you add friends on MW2?
There is a social tab in the game itself. Once you navigate to the social tab, select add friends and put your friend’s activation Id to add to your friend list.
Why Can’t I invite friends to modern warfare?
It could be due to some kind of bug. If you are unable to add friends using the game itself, you can try the companion app.
Why Can’t I add someone on Activision?
Check the Activision ID of the person you are trying to add. There is no way you can add a player without Activision ID.
How to Unlock friend Requests on Modern Warfare 2?
You can Unlock friend requests on Modern Warfare 2 using the Call of Duty companion app. The app is available for free. You just need to sign in using your Activision ID to unlock this option.