Here in this Short, Simple, and Straightforward article, I am Going to show you that How to How to Uninstall Python Package using PIP. If you don’t know How to Uninstall a Module that you installed or the Module that is already installed on your computer and you want to Uninstall that Package and don’t know How to do it, then you are on the Right Place.
Because in this Simple Step-by-step Guide you’ll learn How to use PIP to Unistall a Package in Python.
In the previous post, you’re Learned How to Install Python Package using PyPI and PIP. But Honestly, there are more Package related tasks that you wanna perform.
For example, once you install and package then you realize that you no longer need it. What then you just let it be in your Computer memory forever, Even you never maybe need it? or you will take the steps to remove.
So in case if you want to remove the package in Python there is Command that will help you remove the unwanted Package one-by-one.
So let’s get started.
How to Uninstall Python Package using PIP?
Just follow the steps mentioned below –
- First, you have to Open up the Command prompt in your Windows Computer.
- Alternatively, you can use Powershell as well. The command is the same for both.
- You can Open CMD by Using run dialogue and Entering CMD in it.
- Once you Open CMD then you have to Enter the Following Command: “pip uninstall package”
- Type the command without ” ” and you also have to Replace package with the name of the Package that you want to remove.
- Once you Type the mentioned command and hit enter then you’ll notice the Uninstallation starts.
- Command prompts will ask you to Confirm the Uninstallation.
- You can Confirm the uninstallation by entering y and then hitting the Enter button.
Congrats!!! The Module that you want to Remove is removed from your PC Successfully.
… And that’s How to Uninstall Python Package on Windows Computer.
If you face any Difficulty/Problem During the process you can mention in the Comment section.