According to Wikipedia Anaconda (Not to Confuse with Anaconda Snakes) is the Free, Open source distribution of Python ad R. It means instead of Installing Python’s installer you Can install Anaconda in your Computer and easily code. Anaconda provides is easy to use and many users friendly as compared to Python. Especially it comes with preloaded packages. Like Jupyter Notebook, Which is not easy to install from using PIP. From Anaconda lots of Packages come preinstalled even if they are not available on PyPI. It also makes using the virtual environment much easier.
So in case if you want to install Anaconda on Windows computer then this post is written for you. By following the step by step process that I am Going to explain in this post, You will be able to install and Setup the Anaconda on your PC within few minutes only.
How to Install Anaconda on Windows PC
Anaconda Comes in with 3 Different Edition – The individual Edition, The Team Edition, and The Enterprise Edition. If you are a beginner or Not want to spend huge amounts on money just on a Distribution platform then I suggest you use the Individual Edition which is an open Source version most of the Developers use and refer to.
In this tutorial, I am Going to show you that How to Install the Free Open source Version of Anaconda, However, if you wish to install the Enterprise edition which is also not very different to Follow.
So without wasting any time let’s Get started.
- First, you need to head over to the Official Anaconda Website – Www.Anaconda.Com Using the computer where you want to install Anaconda.
- Once you are Home page Scroll Down, you will see the Option to Download the Installer.
- You will be presented with two different options one of Python 3.8 and Second for Python 2.7. Depend on the time you visit the site you may present with the latest version.
- Choose the latest version and Wait till the Download of Installer is finish.
- Once the installer is Downloaded, Double Click on it to start the installation process.
- You will be presented with the installer Dialogue, Simply click on next. There is no meaning of Clicking the cancel button if you want to install the Anaconda.
- You will see the License Agreement on the next Window, Scroll down if you want to read all of the Agreement. Once you finished Hit the “I Agree” button.
- In the next Window Choose “Just me” and click on Next, if you don’t want the things to be complicated.
- Next Choose the Installation location. I Strongly Advice you to leave it as to Default location and Click on next.
- Now there is a time of Advanced Installation options. The first option is for Add Anaconda to my Path Environment variable, If you wish to Use Python with your CMD/PW then simply tick on this. Anaconda comes with its own Customized CMD prompt names “Anaconda Prompt”. So you can use that instead of CMD. However, if you run Python from CMD you may get the error. So I suggest you Tick the Option, Both of them and Finally click on the install button.
- Just hit Next, Next, and wait till the installation will finish.
Congrats You successfully installed it and that’s How to Install Anaconda on Windows PC. If you have any other Questions regarding this Topic you can mention it in the comment section.